The Newly Inaugurated London.pm "Most In Need of Positivity" Award

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 11 09:30:20 BST 2006

Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 23:09, Jacqui Caren wrote:
>>IMHO loud, fast music is a sign that you are being treat as a
>>disposable, replacable asset and they want as much out of you as
>>possible before you burn out.
>

> So continuous Motorhead and Ramones isn't considered good?

I am the last to comment on musical taste but

Only if it is being forced upon you :-)

is meant to be an band agnostic comment.

Aldi are selling wrist blood pressure/heart rate monitors
- grab one and see what the effect is - it does vary p2p.

Personally I use music instead of caffiene - gorrilaz and
candy dulfer are uppers and the four seasons and
the duke are downers :-)

The other option I use is an audio book when I am doing
'grunt' work - where you can almost disconnect and let
your fingers do it from memory.

I would never consider any of these acceptable in an
open office environ though.

Jacqui