Music To Code To (was "Most In Need of Positivity" Award)

Andy Wardley abw at wardley.org
Fri Aug 11 19:53:32 BST 2006

Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> So continuous Motorhead and Ramones isn't considered good?

Not both at the same time :-)

What would be neat[*] is something that monitors your typing
speed and selects something with the appropriate BPMage.  When
you're coding like a crack-pipe totin' crazy monkey then Motorhead,
Maiden or Metallica for sure.  But when the typing rate drops, it's
usually indicative of some serious thinking that requires something
more in the Bach or Mozart frame of mind.

I've just set up mt-daapd(.org) to run an "iTunes Server" off my
Linux box. It's working fine, very fine in fact.  Except that you
can't party shuffle or create playlists with songs from a remote
server (unless I've missed a trick).  Anyone got any clues as to
how to feed iTunes a dynamically generated playlist?

[*] In the "Kewl Hack" sense of "neat", not necessarily useful
     or productivity enhancing.