Noise cancelling headphones - Re: The Newly Inaugurated London.pm "Most In Need of Positivity" Award

.mykeLyons Myke.Lyons at cmtww.com
Fri Aug 11 17:13:17 BST 2006

On 11/8/06 16:33, "andrew Black" <andrew-li at black1.org.uk> wrote:

> danny staple wrote:
>> Simple solution, buy some really decent noise cancelling headphones,
>> and listen to whatever you like on a computer or music player device,
>> turned up so you cant hear the radio.
>
> Do they work - or rather more specifically does anyone have
> recommendations for ones that work.
> I tried some cheapo ones and to be honest think the feature was cosmetic.

I own the Shure E4c while they aren't noise cancelling, they are amazing and
block out most any noise due to the shape. I sit next to a house FM fan and
I can listen to Jazz without issue.
I used to have Sony's MDR-NC11s that are noise cancelling but I found the
white noise took away from the music sometimes.  Plus there is a battery
pack.

BTW neither of the ones I mentioned are head phones or cheap.

.myke