Music To Code To

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Aug 12 17:06:15 BST 2006

Piers Cawley wrote:
> Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> writes:
>
>> Nicholas Clark wrote:

>>> It has "Class" in its name. Can it not be subclassed?
>> *hysterical laughter*
>>
>> *rolls up into a ball and rocks back and forth gibbering gently*
>>
>> BTDT. Lost more SAN points that way than I did understanding
>> NEXT.pm.
>
> NEXT.pm's not that tricky is it? Or is it just because, not long
> before it came out I'd been bending my brain trying to get SUPER to
> behave differently.

Mmm ... I think part of my problem was that I'd assumed it was doing something
  different than what it actually did (I expected it to work more like
Class::C3 does, but of course NEXT supports something a little different so it
can't work that way), and part was that the code used a couple of Evil Tricks
that hadn't previously occurred to me.