tree rats

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Wed Aug 16 09:53:52 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 08:59, Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 11:01:15PM +0100, Paul Makepeace said:
> > Or did I miss something?
>
> No, you're right. I was just trying to avert a potential poop-fest as
> people pointed out that he should have mailed the Original Poster whose
> email address is on the archive at
>
> http://london.pm.org/pipermail/london.pm/Week-of-Mon-20060123/000959.html
>
> rather than the list address (which is linked to from the information
> page).

I blame pipermail - it hyperlinks the original poster as:

mailto:london.pm%40london.pm.org?Subject=tree%20rats&In-Reply-To=k9u6FM8o.1138031413.6023870.simon%40rumble.net

So the guy got taken straight to that page by most likely Google without
knowing anything much about the list and clicked on the link innocently
thinking that it would make a reply to the OP.

I have to admit to approving the message from the deferred queue because
I thought it was amusing.

/J\