Bug in URI ?!

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Mon Aug 21 06:58:11 BST 2006

Simon Cozens wrote:
> Dominic Mitchell:
>> [TT should HTML encode by default, but doesn't]
>> Why are you opposed to making the tools work according to spec?
>
> Where in the TT spec does it say that it should HTML encode by default?

Nowhere.  It shouldn't.

I am of the belief, that when you are generating HTML however, it should
follow the HTML specs and HTML-encode its output /by default/.
Obviously, it has no way of knowing whether or not you're generating
HTML as it's general purpose, so it would have to be told somehow.

-Dom