Bug in URI ?!

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Mon Aug 21 07:21:42 BST 2006

Dominic Mitchell:
> >>Why are you opposed to making the tools work according to spec?
> >Where in the TT spec does it say that it should HTML encode by default?
> Nowhere.  It shouldn't.

In that case, you are using the word "spec" in a very strange way.

> Obviously, it has no way of knowing whether or not you're generating
> HTML as it's general purpose, so it would have to be told somehow.

And of course it can be told, as Matt demonstrated. So I'm not sure what
you're arguing.

So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)