Creeping ever closer

Sue Spence virtualsue at pennine.com
Wed Aug 23 09:45:13 BST 2006

Randy J. Ray wrote:
> I have my work permit in hand. My next step is to apply for a residency
> visa through the embassy over here (well, in Los Angeles I mean, though
> luckily I can do the applying on-line). It is not unreasonable to think
> that I'll be out there by the second week of September, give or take.
> Maybe sooner, but since I still have to make shipping arrangements for a
> small slice of my personal belongings, and have to delivery my car to my
> father for him to sell off, I'm padding the estimate a bit.
>
> There's a show I hope to attend on the 23rd and 24th of September, in
> Folkestone. Um, anyone able to tell me how far that is from London...?

Years ago I obtained a similar visa at the consulate in LA. Nice plush
place on Wilshire Blvd.  When I went to Cr*yd*n to obtain Indefinite
Leave to Remain, the contrast could not have been more stark. I suspect
there may have been some redecorating done at the Home Office premises
there since that time. I hope so, at any rate - what a shithole.