Creeping ever closer

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Wed Aug 23 10:50:36 BST 2006

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 09:45:13AM +0100, Sue Spence wrote:
> Years ago I obtained a similar visa at the consulate in LA. Nice plush
> place on Wilshire Blvd.  When I went to Cr*yd*n to obtain Indefinite
> Leave to Remain, the contrast could not have been more stark. I suspect
> there may have been some redecorating done at the Home Office premises
> there since that time. I hope so, at any rate - what a shithole.

British buildings are (generally) it seems very unpleasant places.  One
of my worst experiences involved being confronted by the sheer ugliness
and unpleasantness of Heathrow terminal 3 after a 24 hour flight from
New Zealand.  A good welcome to the country it isn't.

>From what I've seen, most government buildings are pretty poor inside as
well.  If it's not the awful 60's decor, it's the posters everywhere
with things you couldn't care less about.

-Dom