[OT] Mac Office Software

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Wed Aug 23 11:49:20 BST 2006

On 23 Aug 2006, at 11:29, Dave Cross wrote:
[snip]
> So what do other people use on their Macs? Is there a decent free
> (or even cheap) office suite for the Mac? Or do I just have to bite
> the bullet and buy MS Office?
[snip]

I use NeoOffice <http://www.neooffice.org/> OpenOffice with a Mac OS
wrapper for most of my MS Office related documents. Still nowhere
near as nice as MS Office on the Mac, but considerably more Mac-ish
than OpenOffice on X.

I use Apple's Keynote for presentations which is jolly nice. If your
wife's Word usage more oriented towards the desktop publishing /
layout end of the spectrum she might like Apple's Pages app. If it's
more document oriented NeoOffice is probably a better bet.

AbiWord is quite nice as a WP too <http://www.abisource.com/>

Cheers,

Adrian