[OT] Mac Office Software

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Thu Aug 24 07:53:57 BST 2006

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> On 8/23/06, David Dorward <david at dorward.me.uk> wrote:
>> [2] Linux spoilt me. I found OS X to be a constant cycle of "Focus
>> follows mouse? $15 shareware.
>
> Have you found an app that does this properly?

Nope

>> Virtual desktops? $15
>
> Virtue Desktop is free, no?

Never came across that one

>> shareware. Something else you take for granted at home? $15
>> shareware".
>
> For most working in tech that's substantially less than an hour's
> work.

Well, all the $15s add up, I try to avoid buying in not-Stirling on my
credit card, I can't run the software at home, and <mutter><mutter> it
should be built in anyway.

> For me I'd hand over $15 without even blinking if it meant I
> never ever had to looking Xorg conf, or indeed deal with any part of
> X. The only reason I can any longer tolerate X on my desktop is that I
> have someone else entirely managing it, and even then it's at the
> level of tolerance.

My X "just works".

> Paul, just doesn't have the patience or interest to tinker

I love tinkering :)

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>
                     Home is where the ~/.bashrc is