[OT] Mac Office Software

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Thu Aug 24 00:44:17 BST 2006

On 8/23/06, David Dorward <david at dorward.me.uk> wrote:
> [2] Linux spoilt me. I found OS X to be a constant cycle of "Focus
> follows mouse? $15 shareware.

Have you found an app that does this properly? I've tried
FFeminator(?) and it just doesn't work on 10.4, ime.

> Virtual desktops? $15

Virtue Desktop is free, no?

> shareware. Something else you take for granted at home? $15
> shareware".

For most working in tech that's substantially less than an hour's
work. For me I'd hand over $15 without even blinking if it meant I
never ever had to looking Xorg conf, or indeed deal with any part of
X. The only reason I can any longer tolerate X on my desktop is that I
have someone else entirely managing it, and even then it's at the
level of tolerance.

Paul, just doesn't have the patience or interest to tinker