[OT] Mac Office Software

Leslie Riggs skyeyes at tds.net
Wed Aug 23 15:25:26 BST 2006

I just went through this with the MacBook Pro for my son, who loved
OpenOffice on his old Windows laptop.  But at the time we installed it
on his MacBook, there was no English version yet, so my son has the
German version.  Fortunately for him, he is intimately familiar with the
menus enough that he can figure out what the English equivalents are for
the German tabs and links.

I just checked and it is now available in English (translated from
French).  When you go to the download page, there are columns of links
for downloading, each column is for a different language - English,
German, and French.  Just be sure you click a link in the correct
language column and hopefully you will have a brand, spanking-new
version of OO2 for the MacBook (which, by the way, is Intel-powered - at
least, my son's is).

Leslie