[londonperl] [OT] Mac Office Software

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Wed Aug 23 16:04:18 BST 2006

On 8/23/06, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
> So what do other people use on their Macs? Is there a decent free (or
> even cheap) office suite for the Mac? Or do I just have to bite the
> bullet and buy MS Office?

I "bit the bullet" and bought MS Office for OS X shortly after buying
my first Mac this year.  In fact, one of the reasons I got a Mac is so
that I could have a unix platform on which to run "real" Office
natively.  I don't dislike Microsoft as much as I used to, but I still
feel kinda good that the money I spent on Office is the only money
I've ever given Microsoft.

I don't spend a lot of time at home using Office on my Mac, but so far
I'm very pleased with it.  Also, a big factor for me buying Office was
that I don't have to worry whether it's compatible with MS Office.

P.S.  Tip for those relatively new to Apple keyboards.  fn-delete
performs delete-character-right-of-cursor.  At least, it does on my
Mac.
--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.