[OT] Mac Office Software

muppet scott at asofyet.org
Fri Aug 25 01:43:32 BST 2006

On Aug 24, 2006, at 6:52 AM, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 09:05:06AM +0100, Paul Mison wrote:
>> On 23/08/2006 at 11:29 +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
>>> [1] And I must say that OSX 10.4 is a _lot_ nicer than the 10.2.8
>>
>> Bah, all the niceness came in in 10.3. 10.4's barely worth the hassle
>> of upgrading.
>
> How can you say that about dashboard?  :-)

You know, i was really excited about dashboard when i upgraded, but
discovered that i never had a need to use it.  The only thing i ever
used was the IMDB widget, but because dashboard is such a memory hog,
it was actually faster just to do cmd-T, cmd-7 (since it's my seventh
toolbar shortcut).  Then i discovered that my machine was always
running hot because the Asteroids widget that i'd found and tried out
on a lark was *always* *running*.  I disabled dashboard with a
freeware app within the next two weeks, and haven't used it in, oh, a
year?  In fact, i immediately remapped the dashboard key to one of
the exposé keys, because exposé is incredibly useful.

In retrospect, who thought that dashboard was a good feature?  Much
less a selling point?  And isn't mickeysoft trying to copy it?

--
And then mama would throw the live crawdads in the boilin' water.
And one day I decided I'd make my own crawdads.  So I threw the