Is it just me?

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Fri Aug 25 15:35:52 BST 2006

On 25 Aug 2006, at 15:25, Sue Spence wrote:
> I believe I saw that particular wingnut wibbling on the Perl Monks
> chatterbox the other day.  He's a conspiracy nut with some very
> (IMO) stupid personal beliefs and I found it easy to just ignore him.

I'm really looking forward to his reply now :)

> If you don't want to see job postings like that on jobs.perl.org
> you could try using the link at the bottom of the page: "Comments
> to Ask Bjørn Hansen at ask at perl.org". But it's really better if we
> all use our best judgment rather than asking the nice people who
> run the site to start vetting all the postings. There are good jobs
> listed there by honest people.

To be clear I'm not in any way suggesting that Ask has done anything
wrong or that this represents any kind of real problem. It is a)
amusing and b) perlish so I posted.

> You could also just write directly to the guy and tell him how you
> feel, but I suspect that would end up being valuable time you would
> spend and, like, never get back.

I have a discretionary time budget for such diversions :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net