Dashboard (was: [OT] Mac Office Software)

Nic Gibson nicg at noslogan.org
Fri Aug 25 17:21:12 BST 2006

On Aug 25, 2006, at 07:49, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> muppet wrote:
>> In retrospect, who thought that dashboard was a good feature?
>> Much less a selling point?  And isn't mickeysoft trying to copy it?
>
> There are a couple of alternatives...
>
> * Yahoo's konfabulator thingy (which may well have come first, I
> don't know).

It did.

If those widgets sat quietly on my desktop in some way rather than
appearing in an overlay when I specifically request them, it might be
useful. Otherwise I might as well use a web browser. I get to keep my
normal interface that way. Now, exposé I like.

Disabled it within a week of first seeing it and haven't missed it.

nic