[londonperl] Re: Dashboard (was: [OT] Mac Office Software)

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Tue Aug 29 20:37:53 BST 2006

On 8/29/06, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
> It's most definitely inspired by the WIndows alt-tab, but it switches
> between *applications* rather than windows. You need to separately
> switch between windows once an application is selected.

Ah, right.

command-left_arrow and command-right_arrow will do this within X11.  I
know that's not a replacement for the Windows behavior described, but
it's quite useful.

I don't have access to my mac right now so I don't know if these key
combinations do the same for other apps.  If they do, then to "get"
the Windows functionality you would take the extra mental step of
determining whether the next window you want is a different app or a
different window within the same app and choose keys accordingly.

> Exposé is useful enough, but I'd rather have had virtual desktops.

YMMV, but one advantage of exposé is that you can see every window on
the box at once.

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.