[londonperl] Re: Dashboard (was: [OT] Mac Office Software)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Aug 29 20:21:03 BST 2006

On 29 Aug 2006, at 18:32, David Alban wrote:
> Doesn't command-tab in os x do the same thing as alt-tab in windows?
> (Or "apple"-tab, or "funny-symbol"-tab...)  Seems to work for me on my
> macbook pro (is there such thing as a U.S. keyboard on a macbook
> pro?).

It's most definitely inspired by the WIndows alt-tab, but it switches
between *applications* rather than windows. You need to separately
switch between windows once an application is selected.

I think I sort of like it, but it *is* different to Windows and it
takes a short while to get used to it.

> For those wondering about exposé, it's delightful.  I wish my linux
> boxes had it.  See also:

Exposé is useful enough, but I'd rather have had virtual desktops.
VirtueDesktops is the best desktop manager I've found so far,
although there are still some annoying misfeatures. Supposedly the
next OSX release has native virtual desktops, and they might finally
work properly.

I've got a bridge for sale, too.

(But I like my Macs regardless.)