Bookmooch

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Thu Sep 7 23:40:17 BST 2006

Bookmooch[1]: It's a free book exchange service - you get points for
giving books and spend those points on books you'd like. The cost to
you is whatever it costs to post a book. You also get 0.1 point for
leaving feedback and for listing a book for exchange. That's pretty
much it.

I wasn't sure that I was actually going to be able to find any books
I wanted - but it's hit some kind of critical mass now. You might not
be able to find any book you want - but it's likely you'll be able to
find something interesting.

So far I've got rid of a shitload of old paperbacks we'd never read
again and received four books that I would have otherwise bought from
Amazon - total value of received books: > £60; total cost to me:
about £6 in postage.

Highly recommended if you have a book habit and can bear to part with
stuff you won't read again. Oh, and I'm hoping to get some more
interesting Perl books on there :)

[1] http://bookmooch.com/

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net