Ras al Hanut Chicken

Matt Sergeant msergeant at messagelabs.com
Sat Sep 9 02:33:10 BST 2006

On 7-Sep-06, at 5:32 PM, John Costello wrote:

>> I also fried some sliced red and yellow peppers in olive oil until
>> a few
>> had started to blacken slightly.
>
> Note that sliced red peppers can catch fire if the heat is too
> high.  I'm
> still not certain how that happened, and I haven't wanted to
> replicate the
> event.

This reminds me - I had wanted to document my recipe for England
Steaks, which I cooked during the World Cup as my personal way to
cheer on The Boys [*].

Basically: Cook red peppers on the barbecue until blackened on the
outside. Set aside to cool. Then cook really good quality steaks on
the barbecue to your taste (mine being rare). Meanwhile peel the skin
off the red peppers and slice into 1/2 inch wide strips. When the
steaks are cooked, place two slices of roasted red pepper over the
steaks in a cross. Serve.

[*] Which clearly worked right up until the 1st of July.