[OT] bandwidth limiting [was: New Book: Perl Hacks]

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Sun Sep 10 00:59:01 BST 2006

Thanks very much for the podcast link!

Does anyone have a method for bandwidth-limiting itunes downloads?  I
typically download on a linux box using wget because of its option
<--limit-rate=...>.

My roommate, however, does a lot of itunes downloads and has to try to
schedule them when I won't be using the 'Net, because itunes
downloading *hammers* our DSL connection.

P.S.  FYI, rsync has a bandwidth limiting option, <--bwlimit=...>.
And with yum, you can add "throttle=..." in </etc/yum.conf>.

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.