Non Sucking YAML parser

Matt Sergeant msergeant at messagelabs.com
Wed Sep 13 15:11:10 BST 2006

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> I suspect he has the same problems with xml as many of us:
>
> * the signal to noise ratio of xml is way too low.

Because of end tags?

> * the perl xml toolsets tend to be very large and not that quick.

Seem to be significantly faster than YAML toolsets. I would also expect
them to be smaller given the relative sizes of the specs (the YAML spec
is about 3 times longer than the XML spec IIRC).

> * the perl xml toolsets are not completely reliable.
> * and then there are the interfaces....

Suggestions would be interesting. There have been lots of things tried,
and there's probably something on CPAN that would match your hopes.

Matt.