Non Sucking YAML parser

Matt Sergeant msergeant at
Wed Sep 13 15:11:10 BST 2006

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> I suspect he has the same problems with xml as many of us:
> * the signal to noise ratio of xml is way too low.

Because of end tags?

> * the perl xml toolsets tend to be very large and not that quick.

Seem to be significantly faster than YAML toolsets. I would also expect
them to be smaller given the relative sizes of the specs (the YAML spec
is about 3 times longer than the XML spec IIRC).

> * the perl xml toolsets are not completely reliable.
> * and then there are the interfaces....

Suggestions would be interesting. There have been lots of things tried,
and there's probably something on CPAN that would match your hopes.

For more information please visit