Ras al Hanut Chicken

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu Sep 14 16:53:01 BST 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 02:32:12PM -0700, John Costello said:
> Do you know what spices were in your Ras al Hanut?  I've looked around and
> found that the combination of ingredients varies from 6 to up to 27
> ingredients.

I forgot to reply to this.

This particular blend has ginger, cinnamon, anise, nigela, mace,
levender, rose, nutmeg, cloves, cardamon and possibly something else
where the label got torn.

It smells, at firszt, disconcertingly, like Sharwoods 'Mild' curry
powder but when cooking with it the depth of flavour is far greater.