Non Sucking YAML parser

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at
Thu Sep 14 17:23:24 BST 2006

On Sep 14, 2006, at 17:27, David Wright wrote:
>> From my point of view it's very easy to have xsl:templates such as:
> <xsl:template match="//*[starts-with(name(), 'fooble:')]"/>
> That strips everything from a given namespace in one swoop. (I'm
> sure I came up with a cleaner way than that in XSL, but you see the
> economy.)

Ick! What happens when the same namespace is bound to a different
prefix? I sure hope you found a cleaner way :) One such way would be:

<xsl:template match="//*[namespace-uri() = 'http://ns.for.fooble']"/>

or even better, assuming you've declared the fooble prefix in your

<xsl:template match="//fooble:*"/>

>> From the hand-mungers point of view, the XML is miles easier to read
> when they can easily identify the source of each element.

Like all rules of thumb, "don't use prefixes unless forced to" has
its exceptions (one of which is typically XSLT).

Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist