Off Topic : internet connection, ISP

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Mon Sep 18 17:55:18 BST 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 05:49:58PM +0100, me said:
> I'll happily update. Patches are welcome either directly to the list for
> 'discussion' [*]

[*] Stories of "I had good service" ... "Well I had *sucky* service" are
not discussion, they are anecdotes. Anecdotes are best savoured around
the roaring fire in ones club, a glass of fine brandy in one hand, a
cigar in the other and possibly with an elderly Labrador dozing
blissfully across your feet. Anecdotes should preferably begin "During
my time in The Service on the Subcontinent ..." or "So there I was,
surrounded by hundreds of the buggers with nothing but a a Saucepan and
my moustache ..." or "It was at that time that I realised that climbing
Everest using nothing but woven noodles in order to claim the heart of
my beloved was possibly not my finest idea ..."

Good anecdotes don't begin "Well, $ISP is t3h suXX0r, $OTHER_ISP 4 teh
w1NN!!!!!1111". Ever.