Off Topic : internet connection, ISP

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Mon Sep 18 18:19:06 BST 2006

Simon Wistow wrote:

> Good anecdotes don't begin "Well, $ISP is t3h suXX0r, $OTHER_ISP 4 teh
> w1NN!!!!!1111". Ever.

"Well, $ISP is t3h suXX0r, $OTHER_ISP 4 teh w1NN!!!!!1111" the script
kiddies shouted. Let me tell you, if it wasn't for my experiences
hunting tigers in India, and the flask of brandy at my hip, I'd have
turned tail and fled right there. But no, by jingo, I stood. Stared the
buggers down. Three feet of Cat5 cable, an elderly Cisco router, and
half a tin of best mustache wax. Did more than deny 'em service, eh?
Gave 'em what for. Knocked 'em for six and home in time for tea.

Etc.

Ian, proving Simon's point.