6502 versus Z80

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Mon Sep 18 21:44:15 BST 2006

On 18 Sep 2006, at 21:27, John Costello wrote:
>> http://www.hexten.net/2006/09/18/geek-fight
>
> Oh, so that's *you* in my LRB. I thought that name was famililar.

Yup, 'fraid so :)

> On the nostalgia thread, David Brin gets misty-eyed about BASIC
> over at
> Salon, considers buying an old C64, and ends up buying an Apple II for
> his son.
>
> <http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2006/09/14/basic/index_np.html>

Ah yes - that's been discussed quite a bit recently on FoRK. I keep
meaning to track down an old Apple ][ - but I don't know what I'd
actually do with it and it's not as if they do anything you can't do
better with a PIC chip these days. I'm definitely more and more prone
to nostalgia though - just re-read The Soul of a New Machine and, if
anything, enjoyed it more this time round.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net