Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Oct 12 01:57:04 BST 2006

chromatic wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 17:31, Matt S Trout wrote:
>

>> And we believed Test::MockObject was stable. Then
>>
>> 	- T::MO::E should die when called with an unhandleable method (Paul the
>> 	  Nomad)
>>
>> blew away the test suites for a number of critical modules without warning.
>>

> If you hate that, you're going to have a nasty surprise when you call an
> unhandleable method on a real Perl object.

Oh, *absolutely*.

As I said, this isn't about "right" at all.

This is about not screwing people's installability without warning.

I've spent weeks making sure Catalyst installs cleanly everywhere I can
get access to. I intend to spend more weeks doing so.

If you don't care about that, please feel free to stick to development
and I'll happily volunteer to take over the release management so the
people trying to make a living off perl development and deployment
aren't disadvantaged, because I'm one of them and I have better things
to do than rewrite tests because a bugfix blows away the installability
of perfectly functional modules.