Gentlemen, a call to arms!

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Thu Oct 12 02:20:38 BST 2006

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 18:11, Matt S Trout wrote:

> Let me clarify that.
>
> If there's a bug in a Test::* module, I'd love to see it fixed. But if it
> breaks a test suite that is perfectly useful in terms of testing the module
> in question so far as its' users and developers are concerned, it shouldn't
> happen in a minor, lightly-announced point release.

Ahh, that is a different story.

I haven't seen much feedback on any of the development releases for software
I've worked on, anywhere -- but if I had confidence that people who cared
were actually using them and would provide information on successes or
failures, I might release them for a few distributions.

Now, assuming that people were willing to give feedback, a better question
might be "Where would it be useful to announce these?"

-- c