[OT] perforce: one server, multiple ports?

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Thu Oct 12 19:24:35 BST 2006

Greetings,

While not strictly a perl question, I figured there would be a number
of people on the list who might offer insight.

My manager says that at her last gig, they ran, on a fedora
box, a single perforce server that listened on multple ports, one port
per depot.

I can't (yet) find any documentation supporting this.  Multiple
servers each listening to a distinct port, yes, but a single server
listening to multiple ports, no.

Has anyone experienced a situation in which this (one server listening
on multiple ports) was done?

Thanks,
David
--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.