Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Danny Staple danny at orionrobots.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 21:11:34 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 12:32 +0100, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 08:59:57PM +0100, Danny Staple wrote:
> > I was amazed at how shocked a java guy was when I showed him that yes,
> > you can multithread with Perl. He had used it as a key reason not to use
> > Perl for a project.
>
> Funny, I usually see threading as a key reason for avoiding projects.
>
> -Dom
Well it had to be, being glue between two crusty old CRUD server
systems, it had to handle both their protocols asynchronously while
actually doing a bunch of other processing in between. Both needed some
kind of keepalive or heartbeat signal to stay connected.

Funny, I didn't actually stay around there, got sick of the politics
more than square peg, round hole crusty old server interfacing. There
are often much things worse afoot than multithreading....

Danny