Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Leon Brocard acme at astray.com
Fri Oct 13 16:46:14 BST 2006

On 10/13/06, Dominic Mitchell <dom at happygiraffe.net> wrote:

> I've found that Java makes threads about as painless as it can be.  It
> still deludes people into thinking that they can avoid thinking about
> concurrency though, much like all threading systems I've seen...

I've recently read Concurrent Programming in Java
(http://g.oswego.edu/dl/cpj/), which was billed as a "I thought I
understood Java threads until I read this book" kind of thing. It's
actually quite interesting as a discussion of threading and how bad a
model it is for doing anything useful concurrently. Read it and weep.

Leon