Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 18:25:01 BST 2006

On 16/10/06, Ian Malpass <ian at indecorous.com> wrote:
> I'm in the process of writing one myself. I'm using CGI::Application
> now, because I tried plugging authentication plugins into Catalyst and
> the code barfed horribly. And then, of course, I found myself stuck
> because all the "helper" applications had written a pile of code I had
> no clue about and I just couldn't get debugged. So I gave up.

I'm hoping that Maypole will provide something in between
CGI::Application and Catalyst to many users, it *should* be simpler
than Catalyst while providing more tha CGI::Application.

I've been working hard to remove the magic and wizardry that crept in
around when Catalyst forked off, so it should be nice and simple.
After a fair amount of time focusing on what Maypole does well, I
think it's well worth trying for size.

Cheers,

A.

--