Databasen - Revisited

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Wed Oct 18 18:31:33 BST 2006

On 18 Oct 2006, at 18:08, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Wouldn't it make sense to have the month name as the primary key?
> (Since you
> want it to be unique anyway, don't you?)

Without seeing more of the wider problem it's impossible to say for
sure - but it's quite likely that the reason for the existence of the
table is to abstract the concept of a month away from its English
name. Of course you could argue that you could set up a bunch of
triggers to propagate changes to the value of the PK - but on the
whole I'd prefer just to have an abstract PK.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net