Databasen - Revisited

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Oct 19 20:30:16 BST 2006

On 19 Oct 2006, at 18:57, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
[...]
>> MySQL is a tainted brand, plain and simple.
> Tell that to Slashdot, Livejournal, mixi, etc., etc.  It may be
> tainted
> but it's sure making them a lot of money.  Who are you, again?

Me, I'm a backroom boy that's quite happy to hack away at stuff that
interests me without the need to be famous, ta.

Earning millions strikes me as far too much actual dull work building
up a business. I'll leave that to people who actually enjoy it.

>> While we're on about terrible not-quite-open source products,
>> Movable Type
>> is a right crock too. And it also has some rather quaint ideas as
>> to what a
>> database is. [Snip "I know more SQL than you do" rant].
> http://www.jrock.us/yapc/slides/img68.html
> http://www.jrock.us/yapc/slides/img69.html

Somebody's certainly reading it, given that the site in question is
generating enough revenue to pay quite a few salaries.