What shame? [Was: What a shame...]

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 16:22:23 BST 2006

Peter Hickman wrote:
> There is a difference between being a Windows shop and forcing your
> visitors to use Windows. I don't know what type of shop my bank is but I
> can access their web site for both my Mac and my Linux machine. However
> there are some sites that I can only access with the latest (version 6
> that is) version of Internet Explorer, for which I require a Windows
> box. Windows Media Player on OSX is less than capable which means that
> the BBC sites will start to become less functional for me if they push WMA.
>
> If they then start being Internet Explorer only then they will be
> completely fucked.
>
> This is what we have feared.

  Now I understand what you're talking about.

  But this will open a market ninch here: former BBC website users that
was kicked out for not using the right technologies will look for
another digital content website, and I bet they will find something to
replace BBC (!!). That's bad for BBC, and eventually they will need to
rewrite everything to become (more) compatible with the Real World again.

  That means more technology related job positions in mid-range future,
I guess.

--
Luis Motta Campos
Senior System Engineer at Segula.FR