What shame? [Was: What a shame...]

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Tue Oct 24 14:48:19 BST 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 01:18:13PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 12:15:25PM +0000, the hatter wrote:
> [...]
> > Opera FTW ! Not that I've got around to installing on my new phone yet - I
> > ran it on my psion and I run it as main browser on my desktop for
> > linux/windows/solaris/os x though, so I'm rather happy to see it as the
> > only browser on some important growing platforms (mobile and consoles)
>
> One day, you'll have a phone powerful enough to run Firefox...
> (And it'll have a battery life of about ten minutes.)

You could have a phone that'll run it now! (Or last year, when I got mine)
See http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/

Runs on my phone fine.. It's quite cute having tabbed browsing and some working
javascript. It has small-screen rendering, but I don't think it does such a
good job as Opera or Netfront though. However, it is free, and does a much
better job than Pocket IE.

Toby

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world