Test Card [Was: What a shame...]

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Tue Oct 24 20:19:30 BST 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 03:58:23PM +0100, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> The "test card" was something they transmitted on the television when
> there were no programs, it was used to calibrate the television
> transmission and receiving equipment.

I have vague memories of watching this early on Saturday mornings,
waiting for the kids' TV to start, because it was better than the Open
University stuff on BBC2, although we watched that sometimes instead.

Nowadays, people give me funny looks when I tell them I don't watch
TV because I find it dull.

This is the second time in the past few years I've remembered watching
the test card: the other time I found myself wandering round the
disused BBC Open University recording studios, feeling guilty that I
didn't have leather patches on my elbows and I'd cut my
shoulder-length hair.

Tom