London housing recommendations

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Oct 24 21:50:51 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 11:22 -0700, Ovid wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since my company is relocating the Nottingham offices just west of
> London, I have to consider moving there.  This is apparently near where
> I'll be working (about 15 miles west of the center of London, depending
> upon how you want to count it):
>
> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=ub11+1ba&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=17&ll=51.50913,-0.437211&spn=0.002945,0.010225&t=k&iwloc=A
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y8awfu
>
> (The last four letters of that tinyurl are spot on)

Personally, I would live west of your work in the Langley / Iver sort of
area. People on this list will tell you it's horrible. Go look for
yourself and make your own mind up. Just remember that, from my front
door it is 400 yds to open countryside.

I used to live here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&ie=UTF8&z=19&ll=51.508995,-0.567657&spn=0.001118,0.002401&t=h&om=1

and went to school here: