London housing recommendations

Raphael Mankin raph at mankin.org.uk
Tue Oct 24 22:14:53 BST 2006

Go north of Stockley Park, or south of Southall. The band in between is
under the Heathrow flight paths and you will never get a night's sleep.

If you live further out of town the environment may be pleasanter but
you will be fighting the rush hour traffic when going to and from work.
Closer in, e.g. Ealing, as has been suggested, and you are going against
the traffic.

Stockley Park has no _useful_ public transport. You will need a car or a
bike.