What shame? [Was: What a shame...]

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 11:17:59 BST 2006

Gordon Joly wrote:
> That was the argument against all online services from BBC in the early
> days (1994 to 1997).
>
> However, in 2006, there is a still a strong argument for Open Standards.
> The team at Kingswood Warren pressed for OGG streams. Did that happen? No.
>
> And recall that both Real Media and WMA are both not open formats.

  That's interesting. In my home country, something like this - choosing
closed-specification based software in detriment of equivalent
open-specification versions would rise questioning from paid users about
the correctness of the decision-maker, eventually rising pressure level
against him.

  Of course, as I'm talking about Brazil, this will never make any
difference, except that everybody will know that (manager|director|the
one that takes decisions) as a crappy corrupt professional that do not
woth his/her salary.

  I personally see this as a corruption networking technique. ;-)

--
Luis Motta Campos
Senior System Engineer at Segula.FR