What shame? [Was: What a shame...]

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 13:05:11 BST 2006

On 10/26/06, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
> > Quoting Peter Hickman <peter.hickman at semantico.com>:
> > I once had an application that allowed me to capture the streams of the
> > John Peel show and save them as MP3s. I would then listen to them on my
> > [snip]
>
> 1/ Get stream URL from http://dave.org.uk/streams/
> 2/ Use mplayer/lame to convert Real stream to MP3[1]

And whilst neither is free, for those stuck without sane audio capture
tools I've had good experiences with

Audio Hijack for OSX
http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/

Total Recorder for Windows
http://www.highcriteria.com/

Both support scheduled recording, although both suffer from needing an
automatic way to kick the stream off to start with.

Another route to go down (and my current favourite) is getting a USB
freeview card, at which point you can capture anything broadcast on
freeview - tv or radio - to any format you choose.