imapsync

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 13:15:43 GMT 2006

I am just in the process of evaluating various IMAP servers and I am
trying to use imapsync, a perl app, but it seems to use vast amounts of
cpu and doesn't do what it says on the tin, viz: syncronise mailboxes.
It copies OKish, but duplicates any messages that it already has sent.

What I actually need is a reliable "copy the contents of this user's
(huge amount of) mail, spread over several 10's of folders on one IMAP
server onto another (empty) one". If it actually syncronises as well (a
la rsync) that would be a bonus.

Any suggestions?

Dirk