imapsync

Chris Devers cdevers at pobox.com
Thu Nov 2 14:37:12 GMT 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Dirk Koopman wrote:

> What I actually need is a reliable "copy the contents of this user's
> (huge amount of) mail, spread over several 10's of folders on one IMAP
> server onto another (empty) one". If it actually syncronises as
> well (a
> la rsync) that would be a bonus.
>
> Any suggestions?

Aside from rsync?

How about just checking the mail with an IMAP client that [a] knows
how to synchronize everything on the server, and [b] keeps everything
in an easy to manage format like mbox.

Eudora is one. Thunderbird might be another (I forget if it uses mbox).

Depending on what you *really* "actually need", this might be a good
starting point. Or a good ending point, if all you're trying to do
is, umm, read your mail.

:-)

--
Chris Devers