War on Terror

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Nov 2 15:22:37 GMT 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 12:05:44PM +0000, Luis Motta Campos wrote:

>   I'm interested on the David Cantrell "personal definition" for
> "terrorism", if there is such definition and Mr. Cantrell honor us with it.

I'm loathe to say "thus and so is the definition and yea now that i have
said it it is Holy Writ", but it would certainly involve:
  * direct responsibility;
  * violence;
  * innocent third parties;
  * political ends

It would *not* cover politicians' current hyperbole because that is not
in itself violent, no matter how much they are trying (and succeeding)
to make people fearful.

It would not cover attacks on organs of the state, for they are not
innocent third parties.

It wouldn't cover non-political acts, such as killing a grass in
retaliation for your Mafia boss being locked up.

It would not cover anything outside the "chain of command" such as
merely supporting a cause or donating money to a political party.

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator Of The World

    Wow, my first sigquoting! I feel so special now!
        -- Dan Sugalski