Translation question

Leon Brocard acme at
Thu Nov 9 11:38:59 GMT 2006

Could anybody help Johan out? If so, please email him directly at
jvromans at

ps, yes I am very busy ;-0

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Johan Vromans <jvromans at>
Date: Nov 9, 2006 9:04 AM
Subject: Hi from Amsterdam + translation question
To: Leon Brocard <leon at>

Hi Leon,

I've written a nice dutch bookkeeping application, and now there seems
to be interest from abroad. Although the software is in dutch, it is
completely gettext prepared, so it is technically easy to provide
translations. See (dutch only...) for an
impression of the application.

There is, however, a bug (or major oversight) in gettext: it *ALWAYS*
considers the english version to be the reference language. It is a
pain for me to maintain dutch as a reference language, so I need a
decent english translation first before I can get other people to work
on their languages. Besides, they also don't speak dutch but they do
speak english.

My question is not whether you can provide the english translation, I
know you're very busy. My question is if you would be so kind to
forward this to to see if anyone on the list would be
willing to help me with the translation.

A rough translation is available, but needs screening and correcting.
Most important: the terms used in the translation need to match the
english bookkeeping vocabulary, which is completely unknown to me.

So, if anyone has a more than basic knowledge of bookkeeping and a
couple of hours to spend, please drop me a line.

Thanks a lot!

-- Johan

Johan Vromans                                           jvromans at
Squirrel Consultancy                                  Exloo, the Netherlands
PGP Key 1024D/1298C2B4