abuse@ and postmaster@ in the modern world?

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Thu Nov 16 11:28:17 GMT 2006

On 16 Nov 2006, at 01:01, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> What's the prevailing attitude these days? I'm particularly curious to
> hear from people who are serving old/many domains were spam is more
> than just irritating, it's a resource issue.

I'm hosting mail for (quick check) 151 domains and I have postmaster
and abuse set up on only 3 of them. Too many people are doing spam("$_
\@$domain") for @every_name_under_the_sun to make it sensible to
expose any more aliases than absolutely necessary. Typically you
don't get a lot of spam directly to postmaster@ but you get shitloads
of bounces due to spammers spoofing from addresses in that domain.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net