Combination of skills - was [JOB] Perl & VB person, central London

Pete Sergeant pete at clueball.com
Mon Nov 20 09:42:53 GMT 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 09:06:49AM +0000, Andrew Black wrote:
> Earle Martin wrote:
> >We're looking for a perl hacker to help out with various ad hoc
> >perl / Excel / VB / scripts
>
> Interesting combination of skills - not sure I would wish to admit to
> doing all these to the same person :-)

Being that most people, in the Real World, are likely to have had a
pretty decent exposure to Microsoft Office, I guess I'd be quite
surprised to find out anyone I'd consider a serious programmer hadn't
been curious enough to poke around inside it with VB a little bit. OTOH,
I'd be unlikely to hire anyone who'd never written and released
open-source code too.

+Pete