Combination of skills - was [JOB] Perl & VB person, central London

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Mon Nov 20 12:39:53 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 09:42 +0000, Pete Sergeant wrote:
> Being that most people, in the Real World, are likely to have had a
> pretty decent exposure to Microsoft Office  [...]

I resolved to keep my exposure to MS Office to an absolute minimum after
witnessing the amount of times Word locked solid or crashed entirely
when I was trying to write my final year project reports at university
(I ended up writing them in joe and then formatting them in Word just
before I printed them).  I don't think I've used MS Office at all for
the last four or five years, and very little before that.

> I guess I'd be quite surprised to find out anyone I'd consider a
> serious programmer hadn't been curious enough to poke around inside
> it with VB a little bit.

What's the motivation?  Can you do anything fun and interesting with
Office?  I'd be mildly surprised to learn that anyone /had/ poked around
in Office with VB, unless they were being paid to automate something at
the time.

Regards,
Denny